Competition Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
The following Terms form the promotion information for the “WIN A Trip to Barcelona for you and 3 Friends” (“Competition”).
THIS COMPETITION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- The promoter of the Competition is Casio Computer Co. Ltd (”Promoter”). The Competition is organised on behalf of the Promoter by CSM Sport and Entertainment LLP ("Organiser" or "CSM") and Greenroom Digital PTY Ltd (“Greenroom”).
- By entering this Competition, the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these Terms and to have agreed to be bound by them. If the entrant does not agree with any of these Terms, they should not enter the Competition.
- Promotion Period
- The Competition will run from 11:30AM Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) on Friday 15 November 2019 and closes at 11:59AM GMT on Friday 20 December 2019 (“Promotion Period”).
- Entries received after the Promotion Period will not be valid for entry into the Competition. Entries or claims that are incomplete or late or those not in accordance with all the entry instructions are invalid.
- Entrants must meet the eligibility requirements as specified herein. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
- The Competition and its prize(s) are open and available to residents aged 18 years or over, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, the Promoter's agents or anyone professionally associated with the Competition.
- Entrants must be eighteen (18) years old and over at the time of entering the Competition. Proof of identification and age may be required at the request of the Promoter. If under the age of eighteen (18), the entrant cannot participate in the Competition. If an entrant under the age of eighteen (18) enters the Competition, their entry will be disqualified.
- By entering, the winners agree to participate in any publicity or promotional activities as may be reasonably required by the Promoter with no recompense. Further the Promoter reserves the right to use the names and counties of winners in any publicity relating to the Competition.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition. However, internet access is required. The Promoter is not responsible for any charges any internet service provider may charge an entrant.
- The Competition is void where prohibited by law or where registration or filing requirements of any state or local jurisdiction have not been complied with.
- Method of Entry:
- In order to enter the Competition entrants will have to submit their name, email address, country and answer a skills based question via the website www.casio-edifice-competition.com.
- Each entry is subject to approval by the Promoter at their absolute discretion.
- Any entry that is deemed as offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information will not be granted approval and will therefore be excluded from the Competition.
- The Promoter accepts no liability for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault (technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure, network incompatibility) of any kind. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries which are not completed for any reason.
- All entries will be moderated to ensure they meet the criteria set; any not meeting the minimum criteria will be disqualified.
- Entrants must only use one email address to enter the Competition. Entrants who use multiple email addresses may be disqualified at the Promotor’s discretion.
- Where Entrants have successfully completed the survey, they will automatically be granted five (5) additional entries, resulting in six (6) total entries into the Competition.
- Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion. No entries from agents, third parties, organised group or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No bulk entries.
- One winner will receive the following:
- 4 x Hospitality tickets for 27th, 28th February at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya
- Return economy flights from the winner’s home country for them and 3 friends
- 4 x nights accommodation
- Transfers to and from Airport
- The prize does not include visa, passport, travel insurance, travel/transportation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these Terms and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs. The Prize is also subject to the following:
- Departure airport used will be dependent on the direct availability from the winners nearest available international airport, which may not necessarily be the closest.
- The winner and their guests must abide by and are subject to the Airline’s published Conditions of Carriage.
- Any plane tickets which may form part of the Prize will not qualify for air-mile programmes of any airline company. Once tickets have been booked, no amendments will be made unless the Promoter (in their sole discretion) elects to do so. Any additional charges in relation to any amendments are payable by the winner. The Prize may not be combined with any other promotions or special offers.
- The winner and guests must travel together in all instances, on the same dates and time, take the same flight and share the same room in all provided accommodation. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and any prize providers have no legal obligation to the winner’s guest, and the winner is responsible for his/her guest at all times, including ensuring that the guest is present and on time for all scheduled travel. The winner shall be solely responsible for any other expense incurred by the winner and/or guest, which has not been expressly undertaken by the Promoter in these Terms.
- The winner will forgo the Prize in totality if the winner fails to attend the scheduled flight, and the Promoter and any prize providers shall have no further obligation to the winner.
- The winner will not be eligible for the Prize if the winner is not able to secure the necessary travel documents, such as passport, for any reason whatsoever, in time for scheduled travel. The winner and guest must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months on date of travel. If the winner cannot secure the necessary documents in the time reasonably requested by the Promoter, there shall be no replacement or substitute prize or any other form of compensation, and the Promoter may in its sole discretion determine whether to select another Prize winner.
- The winner is solely responsible for any additional charges incurred at the hotel during their stay, including, without limitation, costs of meals, drinks, additional nights and services together with related taxes.
- A valid credit or debit card will be required to check in to hotel accommodation and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in-room calls or services.
- The winner must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs.
- Winners are responsible for their behaviour whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude a winner from participation in any aspect of the Prize if the winner fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or if a winner and/or guest act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
- One winner will receive the following:
- Winner Selection
- A winner will be chosen by random computer generation, from all valid entries received within three (3) business days (not being a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England) of the Promotion Period closing.
- The winner will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) within five (5) business days of the Competition closing. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within five (5) business days of being notified by the Promoter, does not meet the requirements of these Terms or decline to accept a prize, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner.
- Each prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and non-refundable and there is no cash alternative in whole or in part unless otherwise stated above. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or modify the Competition, modify these Terms prior to the Promotion Period closing, vary details of the prize, or substitute a prize of equivalent value should unforeseen circumstances require it. The Promoter is entitled to terminate or modify the Competition or to modify these rules prior to the Promotion Period closing by prior notice.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or otherwise not received by the winner.
- Depending on winner’s location, additional questions may be needed to be answered before the Prize is awarded.
- The odds of winning will depend on the total number of valid entries received that have answered the skills based question correctly.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which the entrant must provide within five (5) business days of the request of the Promoter or any third party acting on the Promoter’s behalf) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the entrant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Competition or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
- In the fullest scope admitted by generally binding provisions of local law:
- The Promoter, CSM, Greenroom, each of their group companies and each of their agencies and contractors shall not be liable for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting the Prize.
- The Promoter, CSM, Greenroom, each of their group companies and each of their agencies and contractors shall not be liable for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, or at any website, including any injury to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in the Competition.
- However, nothing in these Terms shall exclude the liability of the Promoter, CSM, Greenroom, each of their group companies and each of their agencies and contractors for death or personal injury as a result of each of their negligence.
- The Competition is, to the fullest extent permitted by the local laws of the territory of the entrant, governed by English law and jurisdiction.
- Under English law, Promoter shall not be liable to pay any tax on the Prize. If any applicable taxes are due on any element of the Prize such taxes shall be paid by the winner, to the fullest extent permitted by the law of each applicable jurisdiction. It is the responsibility of winners to report their Prize to the relevant authorities and to pay any applicable tax or duties including without limitation custom duty and related taxes, if and when applicable.
- A person who is not a party to this agreement shall not have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 under English law to enforce any of these Terms.
- The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or any part of the Terms does not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the Terms.
- Any questions in regards to the Competition, including to find out first name and country of winner should be sent to [email protected]
- Promoter: Casio Computer Co. Ltdwhose registered office is 6-2, Hon-machi 1-chome Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-8543, Japan.
- CSM: CSM Sport and Entertainment LLP, trading as CSM Brands (company number OC368517) whose registered office is PO Box 70693, 62 Buckingham Gate, London SW1P 9ZP.
- Greenroom: Greenroom Digital PTY Ltd(ABN 62151814283) whose registered office is at 343 Ferrars Street, South Melbourne, VIC, 3205, Australia.
- Personal Data
- By entering this Competition, entrants consent to personal data being stored, transferred and processed in the United Kingdom or overseas by the Promoter (which includes outside of the European Economic Area), its group companies and its authorised third parties, including CSM and Greenroom for the purpose of administering this Competition and to contact you if you win a prize and to organise its delivery. You will only be contacted in regards to marketing if you have opted in to receive such marketing communications. Further details as to how your data will be processed are as follows:
Summary of PRIVACY NOTICE
This summary Privacy Notice ("Summary Notice") will provide you with a summary of the accompanied, detailed Privacy Notice (hereafter "Full Notice", together "Summary and Full Notice") on the data processing activities of Casio Computer Co. Ltd, located at 6-2, Hon-machi 1-chome, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-8543, Japan ("Casio", "our", "we" or "us") with respect to individually identifiable information ("Personal Data") about entrants of our promotional campaign of Casio-branded watch products, "EDIFICE"("Campaign").
Scope of applicability
This Summary and Full Notice applies to you if you are a entrant of our Campaign.
Processing of your Personal Data (categories of Personal Data)
We process the following of your Personal Data collected at the time of your entry of the Campaign and during your visit of the website releted to the Campaign ("Website"): (i) your full name, your email address, your country, your postal address, (ii) your IP-address, host name, user agent, browser identification, referrer, the date/time of your access to the Website, (iii) if you are the winner, we may also collect your passport details, dietary requirements, any medical or disability requirements; and (iv) any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you. For more details see 1. of the Full Notice or click here.
We process your Personal Data for the following purposes: (i) organising and conducting the Campaign (including, but not limited to, completing your entry registration of the Campaign, and providing a prize to the winner of the Campaign), (ii) conducting market research and analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes for us to promote sales of our products and services if you have agreed to receive such information, and (iii) contacting you in regard to marketing purpose, such as sending to you an infromation material about our products and services, if you have agreed to receive such information. For more details see 2. of the Full Notice or click here.
Legal justifications for the processing of your Personal Data
One of the key privacy law requirements is that any processing of Personal Data has to have a legal justification. We generally use the following legal justifications: (1) You have given your consent to the processing (Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR; "Consent Justification"); and (2) the processing is necessary for (a) the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party (Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR; "Contract Justification"), (b) compliance with a legal obligation (Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR; "Legal Obligation Justification") and (c) realizing a legitimate interest (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR; "Legitimate Interest Justification"). For more details and the matching of purposes and corresponding legal justifications see 3. of the Full Notice or click here.
Data transfers and recipients and legal justification for such transfers
We transfer your Personal Data to our group companies and service providers, and, in accordance with applicable law, other governmental authorities, courts, external advisors, and similar third parties, some of the aforementioned recipients located in jurisdictions outside the EU. For more details see 4. of the Full Notice or click here.
Retention periods for and deletion of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be deleted once they are not any longer needed for the purposes motivating their original collection or as required by applicable law. For more details see 5. of the Full Notice or click here.
Your statutory rights
You have a number of rights with regard to the processing of your Personal Data, each as per the conditions defined in applicable law, such as the right to have access to your Personal Data, to have them corrected, erased or handed over. Please refer any of your questions to: [email protected]. For more details see 6. of the Full Notice or click here.
Changes of this Summary and Full Notice as well as further notices
This Summary and Full Notice are subject to change. You will be notified adequately of any such changes. Further, you will be notified adequately through further relevant privacy notices (e.g. for specific purposes) in case such is not covered by this Summary and the Full Notice.
How to contact us
If you wish to exercise your data subject rights or if you have any other questions concerning this Summary and Full Notice, please address your request to us, who can be contacted at the following addresses:
Our contact information:
Company name: Casio Computer Co. Ltd.
Address: 6-2, Hon-machi 1-chome, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-8543, Japan
E-mail address/Inquiry form: [email protected]
Our representative in EEA(available only in EEA):
Company name: Casio Europe GmbH
Address: Casio-Platz 1 D-22848Norderstedt, Germany
Email address: [email protected]
Our subcontracting Company organizing and conducting the Campaign on behalf of us:
Company name: CSM Sport and Entertainment LLP
Address: PO Box 70693, 62 Buckingham Gate, London SW1P 9ZP, UK
E-mail address/Inquiry form: [email protected]
We are delighted about your interest in our Campaign. Your privacy is important to us. Hereafter, we provide you with detailed information on dealing with your personal data onthe Campaign.
This Full Notice is applicable for the Campaign only. Please note that parts of the Website may contain links to other Casio websites or third party websites which may be governed by other privacy policies.
We process the following Personal Data about you (hereinafter jointly "Your Data"):
- your full name, your email address, your country, your postal address including your street and number, city, zip code (hereinafter jointly "Account Data");
- your IP-address, host name, user agent, browser identification, referrer, and the date/time of your access to the Website (hereinafter jointly "Technical Data"); and
- any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you (hereinafter jointly "Form Data").
We process Your Data to the extent permitted or required under applicable law, for the following purposes:
- to organize and conduct the Campaign, to complete your entry registration of the Campaign, to provide a prize to the winner of the Campaign, to verify your identity, and to manage and administer your account/application (hereinafter jointly "Performance Purposes")
- to (i) conduct market research and/or analysis for statistical or other purposes for us to promote sales of our products and services, and (ii) contact in regard to marketing purpose, such as sending you information materials about our products and services which might be of interest to you (hereinafter jointly “Marketing Purposes”); and
- to get in contact with you concerning your queries, security and fraud prevention (hereinafter jointly " Contact Purposes").
Generally, the processing of Your Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide Your Data, the use of the Website may be different or the use may be impossible.
Furthermore, we rely on the following legal justifications for the processing of Your Data:
|Processing purposes||Categories of Your Data involved||Legal basis|
|Performance Purposes||Account Data Form Data||Consent Justification|
|Marketing Purposes||Technical Data Account Data||Consent Justification|
|Contact Purposes||Account Data Form Data||Legitimate Interest Justification. Our legitimate interest is to address any query you submit as well as to detect and prevent any possible fraud.|
(i) Other group companies: We transfer Your Data to other Casio group companies, as permitted under applicable data protection law pursuant to Legitimate Interest Justification of Casio to facilitate the provision of the Campaign, the contact with you and the response to your queries.
(ii) Third parties: We may transfer Your Data to governmental agencies and regulators, courts, and government authorities, all in accordance with applicable law based on Legal Obligation Justification and to external advisors acting as controllers (e.g., lawyers, accountants, auditors etc.) based on Legitimate Interest Justification.
(iii) Service providers: We contract with third party service providers as part of our normal business operations to organize and conduct the Campaign and related services to you.
(iv) A list of data recipients can be found in the Annex containing the identity, short description of the processing activity and location of the relevant data recipients.
4.2 Cross-Border Data Transfers
(i) We may transfer Your Data outside of the country you are located. The countries in which some recipients of Your Data are located are Japan and other countries listed in the Annex which countries may include country for which the European Commission has not issued a decision that this country ensures an adequate level of data protection.
(ii) By way of entering into appropriate data transfer agreements based on Standard Contractual Clauses (2010/87/EU and/or 2004/915/EC) as referred to in Art. 46(5) GDPR or other adequate means, which are accessible at here, we have established that all recipients located outside the EEA will provide an adequate level of data protection for Your Data and that appropriate technical and organizational security measures are in place to protect Your Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing. Any onward transfer is subject to appropriate onward transfer requirements as required by applicable law.
5.1 Your Data processed for the purposes hereunder will be stored only to the extent necessary. If a judicial action is initiated, Your Data may be stored until the end of such action, including any potential periods for appeal, and will then be deleted or archived as permitted by applicable law.
5.2 In principle, we will retain Your Data as long as required or permitted by applicable law. Afterwards, we will remove Your Data from our systems and records and/or take steps to properly anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it.
Under the conditions set out under applicable law (i.e., the GDPR), you have the following rights:
6.1 Right of access: You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the Personal Data. The access information includes – inter alia – the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the Personal Data have been or will be disclosed.
You have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Data undergoing processing. For additional copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
6.2 Right to rectification: You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
6.3 Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data.
6.4 Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request the restriction of processing your Personal Data. In this case, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
6.5 Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit those Personal Data to another entity without hindrance from us.
6.6 Right to withdraw your consent: If you have given your consent regarding certain types of processing activities, you can withdraw this consent at any time with future effect. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal.
6.7 Right to object:
|You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Personal Data by us and we can be required to no longer process your Personal Data. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your Personal Data will no longer be processed for such purposes by us. Exercising this right will not incur any costs. Such a right to object may not exist, in particular, if the processing of your Personal Data is necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract or to perform a contract already concluded.|
Please note that the aforementioned rights might be limited under the applicable national data protection law. We remain the universal point of contact for your execution of these rights.
Please refer any of your questions to: [email protected]
In case of complaints you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, in particular in the member state of your habitual residence or alleged infringement of the GDPR.
Summary and Full Notice last updated: 2 September, 2019
|#||Name of Data Recipient||Location||Receiving Data as Controller or Processor||Short description of processing activities||Safeguards|
|1.||CSM Sport and Entertainment LLP||UK||Processor||Support us with organizing and conducting the Campaign||Data Processing Agreement pursuant to GDPR|
|2.||Greenroom Digital PTY Ltd||Australia/USA||Processor||Support us with organizing and conducting the Campaign||Data Processing Agreement pursuant to GDPR|